Hartnell Speech Team Successful at Season Opener
The Hartnell Speech Team kicked off its 2018/2019 season with multiple individual awards at the Golden Gate Opener Day 2 tournament held on the campus of San Francisco State University.
Leading the team was newcomer Anthony Fashano with his persuasive speech concerning the practice of civil asset forfeiture by police. He earned 2nd place in the Novice Division.
“We are very proud of Anthony’s early success,” said coach Jason Hough. “We have a young team with mainly new competitors, so it should be an exciting season.”
Other awards included:
- Keishawn Robinson, 3rd Place, Novice Prose Interpretation
- Athena Ramirez, 4th place, Open Persuasive Speaking
- Alessandra Filiti, 4th place, Novice Persuasive Speaking
- Luke Lundin, 4th place, Open Informative Speaking
- Isaac Rodriguez and Victor Nambo, 5th place, Open Dramatic Duo Interpretation
Not receiving an award, but recognized as the top novice in Program of Oral Interpretation, was Michaela Miller.
Also competing for the team were Valerie Becerra and Victor Marquez.
The team will compete next at the Santa Rosa Junior College Invitational, October 6.